As the seasons change, so do a lot of businesses. It’s always prudent to prepare in advance for business changes and many bucket truck dependent companies experience an increased workload during the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons (unless you do Christmas/holiday decorating, ice removal, etc). Be sure to start marketing your services and prepping your bucket trucks, digger derricks for action. Get your equipment fully inspected and maintenanced. You should also make sure your truck passes dielectric tests and that you comply with OSHA and ANSI regulations.
Here are some tips to help generate business this Spring, Summer, and Fall:
- Set up a website and/or Google Places page for your area and advertise your services. Setting up a website is extremely easy and free with a service like WordPress. Also, there is tons of info about setting up a Google Places account.
- List your services on free sites like Craigslist or Oodle. Be sure to be as descriptive as possible and don’t forget your phone number.
- Lot’s of tree trimmers, gutter cleaners/repair, and other service businesses send out mailers. Be sure to get your mailer or newsletter out early. You should send a follow up mailer deeper into the Spring. You want to stay fresh in people’s minds.
- If you do commercial spots, you should prepare early. Commercials take time to film, edit, and air. You don’t want to rush into something this expensive.
- Networking is critical. Meet up with people in your industry and stay in touch. You want to be who they think of when they or someone they know need your services. You can do this even easier now with the help of social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
Ultimately, preparing ahead of time means a more successful season. There really is no such thing as getting ready too soon. Best of luck this coming Spring and the rest of the year. Oh, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @I80Equipment.